Jesus expects His people (Israelites and Pagans) who can hear His voice (John 10:27) to come out of Babylon (Revelation 18:4) and to gather into one flock (John 10:16). John 10:16 implies that the varied denominations who use the "Christian" eponym cannot be the 'one flock' that Jesus envisions before His return. Those denominations thrive on various misinterpretations of clear doctrines, which turn them into Babylonian assemblies. Satan enjoys that status quo because he knows better than anyone the principle of total obedience to Moses and to the Prophets as spoken of in James 2:10. Again, in Revelation, Jesus is saying to HIS PEOPLE 'Come forth, my people, out of her' (ASV). His people, Jews and Pagans, ought to rally as 'one flock' to behave under the umbrella of Luke 16:29-31, wherever we are on the planet.
"And I have other sheep which are not of this fold: those also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one flock, one shepherd." John 10:16 Darby
"Therefore, brothers, I exhort you through the compassions of God, to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, well pleasing to God, which is your intelligent service." Romans 12:1 EMTV
"Therefore, I exhort you, brothers, by the mercies of the God, to raise your bodies [as] a living, holy, pleasant-to-the-God sacrifice, which is proven (or logical which is from Greek Logos [word, Jesus]) surrender of you." Romans 12:1 Cesaire. [surrender (obsequium) is from the Latin Vulgate's perspective of the Greek word latreia). Read also Exodus 12:5, 13:5.
Colossians 2:16-17 does not reverse any forbiddance in regular drinking and eating but reverses only what was no longer required because Jesus completed that portion of the Law. Colossians 2:16-17 is a new forbiddance or a prohibition.
Isaiah 2:2-3 KJ3
(2) And it shall be in the last days, the mountain of the house of Jehovah shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow into it. (3) And many peoples shall go and say, Come and let us go up to the mount of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob. And He will teach us from His ways, and we will walk in His paths. For out of Zion the Law will go forth, and the Word of Jehovah from Jerusalem.
(14) And if a stranger sojourn with you, or whosoever may be among you throughout your generations, and will offer an offering made by fire, of a sweet savor unto Jehovah; as ye do, so he shall do. (15) For the assembly, there shall be one statute for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you, a statute for ever throughout your generations: as ye are, so shall the sojourner be before Jehovah. (16) One law and one ordinance shall be for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you.
(8) But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach: (9) because if thou shalt confess with thy mouth Jesus as Lord, and shalt believe in thy heart that God raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved: (10) for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (11) For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be put to shame. (12) For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek: for the same Lord is Lord of all, and is rich unto all that call upon him: (13) for, Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
26 for ye are all God's sons by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For ye, as many as have been baptised unto Christ, have put on Christ.
28 There is no Jew nor Greek; there is no bondman nor freeman; there is no male and female; for ye are all one in Christ Jesus:
29 but if *ye* are of Christ, then ye are Abraham's seed, heirs according to promise.
Meditate on Revelation 18:1-4
Revelation 18:1-4 CLV
(4) And I hear another voice out of heaven, saying, "Come out of her, My people, lest you should be joint participants in her sins, and lest you should be getting of her calamities,
Psalms 1:1-2 LITV
(1) Blessed is the man who has not walked in the counsel of the ungodly, and has not stood in the way of sinners, and has not sat in the seat of scorners. (2) But his delight is only in the Law of Jehovah, and he meditates in His Law day and night.
If the message is 'Come out of her, My people', it means that there are God's people in the midst of any sinful church, denomination, synagogue, congregation, or assembly which blends Judaism with the teachings of men (Mark 7:7) or with paganism. We must leave our sinful places of worship. 'My people", God says, may not worship within any sinful congregation, assembly, church, denomination, synagogue, et cetera, as we read it in Revelation 18:4 and Psalms 1:1-2, no matter what false reasoning we may concoct to keep adhering to Babylon. It turns out that 'My people' within Babylon are so stubborn to heed the message! It tears the heart of Jesus apart, as He is required to knock first at our heart and receive permission to enter.
Since a church | synagogue consists of more than two people, any household of a husband and a wife, for example, is a church | synagogue according to the declaration of Jesus in Matthew 18:20.
"Lo! I stand at the door and am knocking. If ever anyone should be hearing My voice and opening the door, I will also be coming in to him and dining with him, and he with Me. " Revelation 3:20 CLV
For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst." Matthew 18:20 EMTV
John 4:21-24 ASV(21) Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when neither in this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, shall ye worship the Father.(22) Ye worship that which ye know not: we worship that which we know; for salvation is from the Jews.(23) But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers.(24) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 17:26 LEB
(26) And I made known to them your name, and will make it known, in order that the love with which you loved me may be in them, and I may be in them."
Luke 2:11 LEB
(11) that today a Savior, who is Christ the Lord, was born for you in the city of David.
Luke 1:31 LEB
(31) And behold, you will conceive in the womb and will give birth to a son, and you will call his name Jesus.
(3) Work is to be done six days, and in the seventh day shall be a sabbath of rest, a holy gathering; you shall do no work; it is a sabbath to Jehovah in all your dwellings.
If Jesus speaks of the formation of one flock before the end of this world, thus, necessarily, we must change religions to come together to assemble as one flock which Jesus must lead. Unless, of course, we each falsely claim that our particular denomination as the only flock. However, we read in Numbers 15:15, that is, longtime ago before YAHWEH became flesh, that YAHWEH did not have different standards of belief and behavior for mankind. YAHWEH has one standard for the population on their way to the promised land and for any foreigner who chose to join the chosen people to also do His will.
When YAHWEH became flesh, we read in John 10:14-16 that the standard of Numbers 15:15 has not changed. In His signature teaching style of parables, He reaffirmed in Luke 16 that Moses and the Prophets are still the reference source in matters of behavior minus what His body had been the shadow for, as fulfilled in His body (Read misunderstood and misinterpreted Colossians 2:16 which is not mixed reversal of forbiddances and fulfillment), which is the rites comprising of food offerings and drink offerings and the holidays. If Colossians 2:16 would involve stopping practices like keeping the seventh day sabbath (the Greek is plural for the Sabbaths that were introduced in Moses), it must also imply to stop plain eating and plain drinking. We know that eating and drinking are necessary to sustain our life and that there is no forbiddance on drinking in Moses. In other words, it is plain foolishness to interpret Colossians 2:16 to also mean 'stop drinking, stop eating, stop the seventh day Sabbath'. Keep in mind the cardinal rule in the New Testament in Luke 16:17 that it is easier for our world to disappear than anything to change in Moses. Luke 16:17 is similar to the notion of 'do not turn to the left or to the right in Moses'.
What we must understand is that the forbiddance of eating meat, for example, is still valid because none of the authors in the New Testament ever ate forbidden meat. Furthermore, no man has the authority to go beyond Luke 16:17 which makes Moses immutable. The body of Jesus is not the shadow of the dietary restrictions in Moses as it is for the rituals.
"But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away, than for one tittle of the law to fall." Luke 16:17 ASV
"What thing soever I command you, that shall ye observe to do: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it." Deuteronomy 12:32 ASV
"Only be strong and very brave, so that you may take heed to do according to all the Law which Moses My servant commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may act wisely wherever you go." Joshua 1:7 LITV
(13) All that are home-born shall do these things after this manner, in offering an offering made by fire, of a sweet savor unto Jehovah. (14) And if a stranger sojourn with you, or whosoever may be among you throughout your generations, and will offer an offering made by fire, of a sweet savor unto Jehovah; as ye do, so he shall do. (15) For the assembly, there shall be one statute for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you, a statute for ever throughout your generations: as ye are, so shall the sojourner be before Jehovah. (16) One law and one ordinance shall be for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you. Numbers 15:13-16 ASV
(29) But Abraham saith, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. (30) And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one go to them from the dead, they will repent. (31) And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, if one rise from the dead. Luke 16:29-31 ASV
Again, we must understand that Colossians 2:16-23 talks about the forbiddances decreed by men not to touch, like the forbiddance by the Seventh Day Adventists not to eat meat because Jesus (God) did not decree that Adam and Eve were to eat flesh meat but, does not talk about the diet ordinances of Moses.
(20) If ye died with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, do ye subject yourselves to ordinances, (21) Handle not, nor taste, nor touch (22) (all which things are to perish with the using), after the precepts and doctrines of men? (23) Which things have indeed a show of wisdom in will-worship, and humility, and severity to the body; but are not of any value against the indulgence of the flesh. Colossians 2:20-23 ASV
The Flock of Jesus still has one remembrance to keep: the last supper. The Flock of Jesus still has one Sabbath to keep: the eternal seventh day Sabbath of the Creation. The Flock of Jesus still has one standard to follow in matters of behavior: Moses and the Prophets, minus the capital punishment which was never intended to be enforced outside of Israel (Deuteronomy 21:21) and the few adjustments spoken of by Jesus.